Stop Smoking

So, you want to quit smoking? Try Rebecca Edmonds Hypnotherapy Hypnotherapist Online Hereford, Malvern and Droitwich

You have tried to stop smoking before but it didn’t last

By the time you have considered hypnotherapy as means to stop smoking, you may have tried all sorts of different methods. You may have used nicotine replacement products such as patches, gum or e-cigarettes. You may have been along to your doctor’s and got yourself a prescription for Champix or Zyban.

And for some reason that you can’t understand, it simply did not work for you. There is a very good reason for this. You believed, or you were led to believe, that your smoking habit was all about a physical addiction to nicotine. Well guess what? That statement simply isn’t true. What the research shows is that a smoking habit is only 5 to 10% about a physical addiction to nicotine. But the other 90% of the habit is psychological. So what this means is that even if you substitute the nicotine from tobacco with another source, you are still dependent psychologically on a powerful negative habit. Which might not seem very comforting to know, but it certainly explains the limited success of nicotine replacement products: they simply do not tackle the underlying psychological reasons for the habit continuing.

Why is hypnotherapy the best method to quit smoking?

Hypnotherapy tackles that 90% of the smoking habit that is purely psychological and goes right to the heart of the problem. It seeks to break the hold that smoking has on your daily life. By doing this, you are then better mentally equipped to ride out the temporary discomfort of nicotine withdrawal, and keep yourself focused on your goal of being smoke free.

Hypnotherapy uses relaxation techniques to engage the part of your brain that has kept you stuck in the vicious cycle of smoking. This part of the brain – the primitive, emotional, subconscious – is more open to positive suggestion when you are relaxed. These positive suggestions and relaxation techniques are intended to have long-lasting effects, because the whole point of the treatment is to enable you to remain smoke-free permanently.

The desire disappears

Many of my clients say that after the treatment, they no longer have any desire to smoke. They feel calm, confident and motivated to remain smoke free. They stop smoking immediately. But the treatment does not end after the single two hour session. Every client receives a relaxation CD to use whenever they need to, whether to strengthen their resolve if they feel tempted to go back to the old ways, or simply to give them a mental boost as they develop new and healthier patterns of behaviour.

*Disclaimer: Results vary from person to person and the outcome of any hypnotherapy session cannot be guaranteed

Need help in Herefordshire or Worcestershire? Hereford, Malvern or Droitwich Spa? Or Online?

You can see Rebecca at one of her 3 clinics: Hereford, Malvern or Droitwich Spa. In addition, online consultations are available for anyone who for reasons of health, mobility, convenience or location, finds it difficult to attend a clinic in person.

The Hereford clinic is situated in the Whitecross area of Hereford, close to the Crematorium and the Monument Roundabout. It is within easy reach of all parts of Hereford city, and is only a short distance from other parts of the county including Ledbury, Leominster, Kington and Ross on Wye. It is also easily commutable from Hay on Wye, Abergavenny and Brecon.

The Malvern clinic is better for those living in places such as Malvern Link, Great Malvern, Worcester, Upton upon Severn, Pershore, Evesham and nearby Worcestershire villages.

The Droitwich clinic is situated in the village of Hampton Lovett just 2 miles from the centre of Droitwich. This is an ideal location for those living in Worcester, Kidderminster, Stourport-on-Severn, Redditch, Bromsgrove and Alcester.

Rebecca offers online stop smoking treatments over Zoom, WhatsApp video chat & Skype. These are just as effective as face to face sessions because hypnotherapy is a talking therapy and there is no disadvantage by conducting the session from the comfort of your own home. During the hypnosis itself your eyes will be closed, and all you need is to be comfrotably seated or lying down in a quiet space where you will not be disturbed.


So what are you waiting for?

Do you really want to stop smoking? Then get in contact, book the appointment, and bring your smoking habit to an end once and for all. 

Find out more about Rebecca Edmonds Hypnotherapy

Learn about the wide range of issues that I can assist you with and what we will cover in the FREE initial consultation

Claim your FREE initial phone call

Call me to find out more about hypnotherapy and how it can help you

Success stories

Read how Rebecca has helped other clients to overcome their problems