Who we are
Rebecca Edmonds Hypnotherapy operates from 7 Holmer Street, Hereford, HR4 0HS.
What personal data we collect for business and why we collect it
Personal information collected during initial consultation and therapy sessions
- Your Name
- Address details
- Date of Birth
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
- Medical conditions relevant to the sessions
- Prescribed medication
- Details of your GP for me to contact in case of emergency or in the rare situation where I feel you may harm yourself or others
- Any other information you feel you would like to share (but this is optional)
Stored personal information
Information is held in a variety of format, as described below:
- Paper: written notes (described below).
- Smartphone: This allows me to contact you in case of emergencies or to re-arrange appointments, if this is a suitable way for you to communicate with me.
- Email: your email address and correspondence will be stored in my email account (currently Outlook) by nature of you contacting me. Any relevant emails that I feel need to be kept will be printed off and added to your written notes.
- Website: none of your personal information is stored on my website, other than to momentarily collect and send it to my email account for the purposes of our initial contact.
- Initial Consultation notes including contact details
- Brief Session Notes
Sharing of personal information
- I may report any concerns to relevant authorities as I have a professional obligation, if I believe the client may be intending to cause harm to themselves, the therapist or others.
- If your health is in jeopardy or I feel you may harm yourself, I may share your contact information with an emergency healthcare service (e.g. GP or Mental Health Crisis Team).
- A query on suitability or conflict of therapy with other practitioners may have to be sought occasionally, with client permission.
Erasing your information
I will store your written information in a secure place for up to seven years after the completion of our work together. This is so that I have a reference of our work in situations such as you returning to sessions in the future and it is also an obligation under my professional standards and insurance policy. After this time has passed, I will shred the written information.
Your individual rights
Under the The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) your rights are as follows;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
How we handle data we collect via this website